Monday, October 22, 2007

What fun!

Thanks for sharing, Mary! Here are my answers:

1: Hardcover or paperback, and why?

Paperback - unless I really like the author or can’t wait for the paperback

2: If I were to own a book shop, I would call it...

Babs’ Beautiful World of Books

3: My favourite quote from a book (mention the title)

One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.
-Don Quixote-

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail
-Ralph Waldo Emerson (But I’m guessing this quote is not from a book)


4: The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be...

Margaret Mitchell

5:If I was going to a deserted island and could bring only one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be...

ONE?!?! I might choose NOT to survive! ;^) Let’s see, I am going to say - Collected Essays: First (1841) and Second (1844) Series by Ralph Waldo Emerson

6: I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that...

Would help give me easy recall of the details of all of the books I have read

7: The smell of an old book reminds me of...

A cold winter’s day, curled up under a blanket in a comfortable chair, with a fire going, hot cocoa with mini marshmallows at just the right temperature, with a heavy snow falling outside the window.

8: If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title) it would be...

Scarlett O’Hara (as if it even needs to be said - Gone With the Wind)

9: The most overestimated book of all times is...

Of ALL time? I can’t say. Of MY time, off the top of my head - Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

10: I hate it when a book...

I love ends and I can’t follow the characters through the rest of their lives.

No comments: