Monday, October 22, 2007

Book Meme

Hi ladies,
I saw this book meme and thought it might be fun for each of us to fill out (don't feel like you have to though).

1: Hardcover or paperback, and why?

I love hardcovers but I'm too cheap to buy them generally. . .


2: If I were to own a book shop, I would call it...

I like The Book Worm, or something similarly nerdy


3: My favourite quote from a book (mention the title)

I can't find it right now, but it was a quote from a Joyce Carol Oates short story that said something about a woman being able to take no more and grabbing her scissors. . .

4: The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be...

Flannery O'Connor


5:If I was going to a deserted island and could bring only one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be...

Norton Anthology, or possibly The Bible. . .


6: I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that...

Would turn pages and hold a book in the bathtub or the pool, preventing it from getting wet. I've been thinking about fixing something up with a splashproof cookbook holder.

7: The smell of an old book reminds me of...

Comfort.


8: If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title) it would be...

Junie B. Jones

9: The most overestimated book of all times is...

Anything by Anne Rice

10: I hate it when a book...

is made into a movie. They're always disappointing and I almost always want to see them anyway.

No comments: