Monday, September 10, 2007

I DID IT!!!!

I am so excited to finally figure this out!

Here are some of the titles I have been reading about and wanting to pick up. Anyone have any thoughts or reactions?

Femme Fatale - a biography of Mata Hari taking the point of view that she may not actually have been a spy but rather was framed by her lover to cover his own status as a double agent.

Shattered Lives -- selfbiography of a woman that is one wife to a polygamist. the husband supposed fathered over 100 children.

A Woman in Berlin -- a first person account of atrocities visited on women in Berlin when the Russians invaded to "save" them from the nazis. the woman was forced to prostitute herself to one soldier in order to avoid numerous rapes by others. I have heard this one is pretty graphic and depressing but also shows a side of the conflict that few are aware of.

1 comment:

Babs said...

I have not read any of them. Femme Fatale and Shattered Lives look very interesting. I probably would not enjoy reading A Woman in Berlin.