Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What's on my nightstand

I've been having trouble keeping up my reading pace these past several months. Is it just that I do not have the right books on my nightstand?

New Stories from the South 2008 - ZZ Packer, ed.
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
The White Queen - Philippa Gregory
Something Incredibly Wonderful Happened: Frank Oppenheimer and the World He Made Us - K.C. Cole
That Old Cape Magic - Richard Russo
The Heart of a Child - Patti Brady
Firefly Lane - Kristen Hannah

I'm about half-way through the Russo book. I tried to start both the Collins and Gregory books, respectively too depressing and not my favorite English time period. The others I haven't started.

What are YOU reading that I should be reading? :-)

1 comment:

Mary B said...

Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon is the only thing that's really wow'ed me lately. I just started Alice Munro's new short story collection, which I hope is better than the last one. I want to read the new Barbara Kingsolver, but haven't heard much about it.